If you want to optimize your Google Business profile more efficiently, it is important that the images you upload are professional quality and in line with Google My Business visual standards. High quality photos leave a better first impression on users, are crucial to your SEO optimization and attract more online visitors and contribute to your website’s success.
Below, I want to guide you through the steps to add, remove and optimize your images on Google My Business.
There are three types of Google My Business photos:
- Profile photos : It helps your customers know your business on Google. It is usually the logo of your business or brand.
- Cover photos : Google My Business allows you to customize the top of your profile page with an image unique to your business, just like the Facebook cover photo. When you add a cover photo, the preferred photo for your business listing is set automatically. The cover photo is not the first image to describe your business, but it tells Google that it prefers to view it. So the profile picture doesn’t always stand out.
- Additional photos, publications, offers, products: It consists of photos showing the highlights of your business, shown by Google according to the keyword that users searched for.
How to Add Google Business Photos?
- In order to add photos, your business must be approved first. Click to add your company to Google My Business.
- Then log into your Google My Business account.
- Go to the Photos tab in the left column.
- Click on the type of photo you want to add.
The photos you add will look best on Google if they meet the following standards:
- My Google Business Profile Photo Size: 250 x 250 pixels (minimum 120 x 120 – maximum 5200 x 5300)
- Google My Business Cover Photo Size: 1080 x 608 pixels (minimum 480 x 270 – maximum 2120 x 1192)
- Shared Images: 497 x 373 pixels (minimum width 497 pixels – maximum 2048 x 2048 pixels)
- Picture Format: Jpg, Png.
- Image Size: It should be between 10 KB and 5 MB.
- Minimum Resolution: 720 pixels tall, 720 pixels wide.
- Quality: The photograph must be clear and well lit. Too many photoshop manipulations or excessive filters should not be used. In other words, the image must represent reality.
How can I delete photos from Google My Business?
- Both you or your business listing’s managers and visitors can add images to your Google My Business profile. You can easily remove the uploaded photos under the “Photos” tab in the left column. However, if you want to remove photos uploaded by visitors or customers, you must mark them.
- You can only mark photos if it violates Google My Business rules.
- According to the guidelines, the photos should be relevant to the workplace. Stock images are not allowed and can be removed.
- If you find that a photo uploaded by a customer violates Google Maps photo policies, you can request its removal. If you have any further questions, you can always contact me or contact Google My Business directly.
By optimizing your Google My Business listing, you also contribute to the SEO optimization of your website, especially in local searches. Remember, local results appear higher than organic results in search engine results.
Have plenty of visitors.